Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Changing the club logo?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:14 pm 
IMOC Paid Member

Whats your location?: Maynooth
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack
Post IMM 2017 there is a clear and positive association of the 3 Minis Logo with the IMOC. Would it worth considering capitalising on this association as change the club logo to incorporate the 3 coloured minis ?

The current logo was introduced post IMM'97 for similar reasons.

Another positive is that a lot of the club members have items with the IMM logo on it, so we will be seeing it at events from now on. A sew on patch with the new logo could be produced for those want to update jackets, etc, with dual logos.

Before someone else states it, originally I thought the 3 Mini logo needed enhancing as a bid logo as it did not state what an IMM was, eg. Irish Mini Meeting, Irish Morris Minis. My issue was not with the 3 minis but the wording below them.

But this is post the IMM, the brand has been established both domestically and internationally, so I think it is worth the club thinking about it?

Adrian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am 
Comittee Member

Whats your location?: Ballyhooly, North Cork
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet, 1982 Clubman Estate
Adrian,

It's an interesting idea. Those of us in the club for donkeys years will remember the old club logo which just had the words Irish Mini Owners Club inside a diamond, green and no picture of a Mini. The IMM97 logo introduced more colour and morphed into the club logo as we know it today. Though even that logo has been modified over the years to improve the image quality of the red Mini.

Taking a look at the logos of the clubs that attended this year's IMM (click on the link below) and you'll see many clubs work their national colours, flag, or silhouette of their region/country into their club logo e.g. Mini Fun Club Belgium, Mini Clan, Donegal Mini Owners Club. Weirdly though, Mini Crew Zagreb from Croatia have got green, white, and orange Minis in their logo.

http://imm2017.ie/clubs/

The 3-Mini tri-colour IMM2017 logo looked well and I wouldn't have a problem with it being incorporated into a new club logo.

My tuppenceworth,

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:36 pm 
NON Member

Whats your location?: Dún Laoghaire, Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: '93 SPi cooper
I for one think, this is a very good idea.